The Total Transport project has been looking at all of the transport services funded by Cambridgeshire County Council in East Cambs. Two different parts of the project have been developed – one looking at school buses, and the other looking at door-to-door transport using smaller vehicles. In this update, we have news on both…
- All of the services to Ely College, Soham Village College and Witchford Village College were revised from September 2016, as were many services to primary schools in East Cambridgeshire.
- Those changes have helped reduce the cost of school transport in the area by more than 15%. Many pupils won't have noticed much change, but others will be travelling at different times or on different routes, for example.
- We're therefore keen to hear feedback about the changes, whether good or bad, or even just to say you haven't noticed much difference. There's an online survey running until Thursday 9 February 2017, so you can give your views here. Alternatively, you can email us if you've got general questions or more detailed points to make.
East Cambs Connect
- This new, flexible service will launch on the Monday 3 April 2017. It will provide door-to-door journeys within East Cambridgeshire, running on weekdays between 7am and 7pm (but please bear in mind that the service is likely to be particularly busy around 7-9am and 3-5pm).
- We'll soon be contacting users of the existing services that will be replaced by the East Cambs Connect, to reassure them that their trips will continue. We can also add completely new journeys, however – so if you'd like us to look into a regular journey for you, whether for shopping, leisure, work or education, please call 01353 612699 or email email@example.com.
- The service will use minibuses, so journeys won't be direct – it's not a taxi, after all – but it does mean that a public transport service will be available for all addresses in East Cambridgeshire, filling in the gaps between the current bus routes.
- There are now leaflets and posters available for the East Cambs Connect. If you'd like any copies for a local group, parish noticeboard, etc, then please just email back to let us know.